Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yearning to Return Home

In our weakness God helps us. Jacob has proved that he is not capable of being faithful. He continues to attempt to control every situation, but Laban seems to be getting the best in most of the deals. We see that Jacob is thinking about going home. “Sent me away, that I may go to my own home and country. Give me my wives and my children for whom I have served you, and let me go; for you know very well the service I have given you.”

What is happening to Jacob? God deals with us when we are at our weakest point. Jacob has reached the place in his life where he wants to return home. In the spiritual journey, returning home is the beginning of the second half of life.

Jacob has a family but not possessions so he is convinced to remain for another seven years of service to Laban. Another seven years will provide economic security for Jacob.

No comments: